Monica Gran

Monica Gran
Pennsylvania State College of Medicine

I am currently a 4th year medical student. I graduated UConn in 2010 and after receiving an MBS, matriculated at PSCOM in 2011. Medical school can be hard and I think when it comes to deciding what school to go to or where to apply, any advice can be helpful. My experience over the past 4 years have been unforgettable and very rewarding. First off, Hershey is such a safe place to live and although it isn’t a city, it is less than 2 hours from a few of the surrounding major ones. You will find something to do so don’t let that deter you. I think a very prominent thing about my school is opportunity. There are plenty of opportunities for each student to pursue research, to do volunteer work, to further their education. The faculty here are very receptive to working with students. All it takes is a little motivation on your part
What I can say about 1st and 2nd years is slightly irrelevant as the curriculum of those years continue to change. What I can say is education is what you make of it and if you work hard you will be prepared for when you begin clerkship and your step. In regards to 3rd and 4th year, rotations can be a very rewarding experience. Again, it’s all about seeking the opportunity, showing enthusiasm, and working hard. If you have those three things, you will find these years to be the best parts of medical school! I have loved my past years here at PSCOM and I honestly couldn’t see myself having gone to any other medical school.